We aim to release the Android version of the Workforce app on Thursday 17th of February. Users will automatically receive this update over a seven day period.
This release brings a number of enhancements and incremental improvements to the Android to help make your day more productive.
- Purchase orders have arrived to the Android app! Field users can now raise purchase orders to get the equipment required to complete tasks.
- Automatic task sessions: sessions are now started automatically depending on technician actions to improve profitability insights and for those that use Uptick for timesheet submission. One less thing to worry about while on-site!
Changes and Improvements
Product search has been revamped to make it even easier to help find and select the correct product when doing onsite repairs, creating purchase orders or suggesting products for defect quoting. Filters can be applied to search for products by Supplier, Product Category (if the office uses categories) and/or Product Type (i.e if you are looking for just material, equipment and/or labour type products).
The full product description can now be viewed by tapping on the orange info button which allows the field user to find out more information about this product which can further ensure that they are selecting the correct product.
- Attendance fees can now be added to a callout task
- Adding new assets to a routine has become easier where only applicable asset types are now offered.
For customers who use the Purchase Orders module, field users can now raise purchase orders from the field (providing they have permissions).
Field users can create a draft Purchase Order and add line items for products that they need to purchase. When the Purchase Order is complete, the technician can submit to the office for approval.
Automatic Task Sessions
Major improvements have been made to sessions in this release. For the most part, sessions will start and end automatically so you don't have to think about this step anymore. To understand the feature, there are some simple rules that we follow when determining when to start a session:
Starting a Session
- When changing a task status to "In Progress", a "Performing task" session will automatically start unless:
- A session is running on another task.
- You are too far away from the property.
- You do not have location services switched on.
- To increase accuracy, if you start changing the compliance of assets and a "Performing task" session isn't running yet, we will also automatically start the timer.
NOTE: If you are too far away from the property or the app does not have your location data, you will instead be asked to either confirm you are performing this task or you are instead travelling to this task. If you choose travelling, a 'travelling' session will start.
If you do not have your location services on, you will find this change very annoying! You'll be prompted every time you change a task's status to "In Progress", so please turn this on to help your office better understand task profits.
Ending a Session
- Moving a task into any status, other than "In Progress" will automatically end any running session for the task.
- If you forget to end a session and the session runs for longer than 8 hours, next time you log in, you will be asked if you want to end the session with the last time you used the app.
For customer using Timesheets, if a specific session type needs to be used (e.g., Lunch), you should press the Play button before changing the task status or start performing work.
The mobile apps are designed and developed with you in mind. If there is anything that either of the apps lack, something that doesn’t work as you expect, or something that would make your day easier, please let us know! The feedback we receive from you is what drives all the changes we make.
Sending feedback is easy - in the app, go to the “About” tab and tap on our support email address or our phone number to get in touch.