We aim to release the iOS and Android versions of the Workforce app on Friday 3rd of December. Users will automatically receive this update over a seven day period.
Changes and Improvements
This release brings a number of enhancements and incremental improvements to the apps to help make your day more productive.
- When resolving remarks, you now have the option to take resolution photos. This will give you a much easier way of providing before and after photos on your reports for callouts or repair tasks, giving your clients complete transparency of the work performed. Contact the Support team in order to update your reports.
Apple Device Preview:
- Completing post servicing to do items is now possible. By setting up post actions on tasks, field staff can now view these to do items on the Finalisation screen and be reminded of site, client and task specific actions to complete after finishing their inspection or repair. By making these post actions required, field users must complete any required actions before they can move a task to a Performed, Office Review or a Complete status.
Andriod Device Preview:
Android Only Changes
Our Android app has seen a number of exciting additions in this release, including:
- Timesheet Allowances: field users can now add timesheet allowances in order to capture all timesheet information in one place.
- Edit Asset screen has been re-arranged to make it easier to find the details that need to be updated. The grouping of fields has been improved and field users can now expand and collapse these groupings. Additionally, fields that are only applicable to Essential Safety Measures (ESMs) are no longer displayed if the asset is not an ESM.
- Access to your organisation Knowledge Base is now found inside the app, under the "About" tab. This will allow field staff to access articles and information about processes or any other documentation created by the office.
- For customers using our Service Level Agreement feature for some of their clients, SLA due dates and times will now be available incorporated into the Due Date filter, sort and Task Preferences Display. This will allow field staff to see and adapt to these SLA dates and times if applicable on their assigned tasks.
iOS Only Changes
More permissions have been enforced around quoting and property contacts, please review your permissions:
- Quoting: field users will no longer have the option to create a draft defect quote if they do not have the 'Can create quotes' permission. If you require your staff to do this from the field, please ensure that they have this permission enabled before getting this release.
- Property Contacts: field users will no longer be able to add or edit property contact details if they do not have the 'Can change property' permission. If you require your staff to do this from the field, please ensure that they have this permission enabled before getting this release.
The mobile apps are designed and developed with you in mind. If there is anything that either of the apps lack, something that doesn’t work as you expect, or something that would make your day easier, please let us know! The feedback we receive from you is what drives all the changes we make.
Sending feedback is easy - in the app, go to the “About” tab and tap on our support email address or our phone number to get in touch.