We aim to release the iOS and Android versions of the Workforce app on Monday 8th of November. Users will automatically receive this update over a seven day period.
Changes and Improvements
This release brings a number of enhancements and incremental improvements to the apps to help make your day more productive.
- Our legislative testing prompts feature now supports multi-choice question types, allowing field staff to answer prompt questions with multiple options from a predefined list of choices.
- Remark custom fields now appear on the Remark edit screen allowing you to add your own, customised fields to remarks. This allows more specific information to be captured about the remark which can either be required or not before saving. In addition, required remark fields have been integrated into the "Replace Now" feature.
- Work items can now be filtered using Asset Place. When an asset location is setup using commas (e.g., "North Wing, Corridor A, Room 123") the filter will intelligently gather the locations and present them in selectable list. This then allows field staff to get all work items for a particular place (e.g., all from "North Wing" or "North Wing, Corridor A") allowing them to quickly find and work through work items.
- Service task custom fields are now supported and are visible in the work list. This aims to support customers using custom fields to see more information about each work item.
- Asset display preferences now include adding specific asset custom fields to display on your work list, allowing you to select the fields which are important to you. The previous implementation only allowed you to display all or no custom fields.
Android Only Changes
Field staff with the appropriate permissions can now create draft defect quotes directly from the field. These quotes can be quickly and easily raised from the field for the office to review and send to clients. Additionally, past quotes can be quickly viewed from within the app, providing that the user has the correct permissions.
Permissions: Can view quotes and Can create quotes are needed to create quotes. Can view pricing information is needed to view past quotes.
The mobile apps are designed and developed with you in mind. If there is anything that either of the apps lack, something that doesn’t work as you expect, or something that would make your day easier, please let us know! The feedback we receive from you is what drives all the changes we make.
Sending feedback is easy - in the app, go to the “About” tab and tap on our support email address or our phone number to get in touch.