This guide will show you how to connect your Quickbooks account with Uptick and guide you though the sync settings.
To connect your Quickbooks account with Uptick:
- Click Control Panel > Accounting
- Click the Quickbooks icon, which will take you to the Quickbooks sign-in page.
After signing in you will be given the opportunity to select the company profile you wish to use with Uptick. Select your company then click Next.
Once you've authorised access you'll be taken to the accounting partner settings page. The main fields for General Details should populate automatically.
The Partner Syncs settings should be as follows:
Sync Billing Cards Create and Update Sync Invoices Create and Update Sync Suppliers Create and Update Sync Products* Create and Update
*Sync Products will sync your product catalog to Quickbooks, please be aware that the existing products you have in Quickbooks will pull through into Uptick and can potentially create duplicates in your Product Catalog.
- Click Save Accounting Organisation. After some brief processing time, you'll be taken back the the Uptick Accounting page. If successful you'll see summary with your accounting partner status as Connected
- If you have more than one integration hooked up to Uptick and require this integration to be the default, click Make default.
- If you've disconnected an integration and wish to reconnect it, simply follow the same steps from the start again and it'll automatically link back up with your previous setup.
- You can also link multiple Accounting Organisations on the Accounting Integration page by clicking one of the accounting partner icons and following the prompts. With such a setup you will still have one default Accounting Organisation that most Billing Cards and Invoices connect to. The remaining Accounting Organisations will need to be explicitly specified on the Billing Cards that will be using them.
Editing invoices/billing cards after they have been synced
Once billing cards have been hooked up to the accounting partner, it becomes locked to the accounting partner end, so you will need to make changes from the accounting partner side once connected.
Classes are a type of tracking category in Quickbooks. The default tracking classes picked up by default are shown in the screenshot below.
Like other tracking categories, classes will appear in cost centres, where you can select your tracking class from the drop-down list. Cost centres will need to be set against the task in order for the invoicing to be tracked.
Configuring Quickbooks to track Classes
You will need to make sure you have the following settings in Quickbooks in order for the classes to be tracked properly in your invoicing:
- Click on the cog, then Account and settings
- Click Advanced > Categories, then change the Assign classes selection to One to entire transaction