This guide will show you how to connect your Quickbooks account with Uptick and guide you though the sync settings.
Different accounting partners use differing terms and don't always match up with the . This table will help you understand how to match Uptick terms against those in Quickbooks.
|Uptick Name||Quickbooks Online Name|
|Purchase Order Bill||Bill|
Connecting Quickbooks Online to Uptick
- Click Control Panel > Accounting
- Click the Quickbooks icon, which will take you to the Quickbooks sign-in page.
After signing in you will be given the opportunity to select the company profile you wish to use with Uptick. Select your company then click Next.
Once you've authorised access you'll be taken to the accounting partner settings page. The main fields for General Details should populate automatically.
Here is an outline of the fields under the General Details:
Name: This comes from your company details set up with your accounting partner.
Accounting partner: Detected automatically after the sign-in process.
Unique ID: Generated by the accounting partner.
Tracking Categories: These are know as Classes in Quickbooks. Uptick grabs the Classes from Quickbooks automatically provided the Classes are properly configured in Quickbooks (see info about Classes further down this page). These settings cannot be changed from the Uptick side.
Local Invoice PDF Generation: Enable this to have Uptick generate your Invoice PDFs instead of the Accounting Partner.
Default income account and default expense account: These are selectable from a drop-down list and are picked up automatically after the sign-in process. Products with account codes set against them will override the default settings and need to have appropriate account codes set up or else invoices and purchase cannot be processed.
Suspense Account: This is an optional field where you can input an account code nominated for revenue reconciliation.
The Partner Syncs settings should be as follows:
Sync Billing Cards Create and Update Sync Invoices Create and Update Sync Suppliers Create and Update Sync Products* Create and Update
*Sync Products will sync your product catalog including the default price tier to Quickbooks, please be aware that the existing products you have in Quickbooks will pull through into Uptick and can potentially create duplicates in your Product Catalog. Product sync is mandatory, therefore all billable Uptick products sent to QBO must first be mapped to QBO products.
- Click Save Accounting Organisation. After some brief processing time, you'll be taken back the the Uptick Accounting page. If successful you'll see summary with your accounting partner status as Connected
- If you have more than one integration hooked up to Uptick and require this integration to be the default, click Make default.
- If you've disconnected an integration and wish to reconnect it, simply follow the same steps from the start again and it'll automatically link back up with your previous setup.
- You can also link multiple Accounting Organisations on the Accounting Integration page by clicking one of the accounting partner icons and following the prompts. With such a setup you will still have one default Accounting Organisation that most Billing Cards and Invoices connect to. The remaining Accounting Organisations will need to be explicitly specified on the Billing Cards that will be using them.
Make sure that billing cards are connected to your accounting partner or it won't invoice successfully. You can can either view the billing card against a client, or go to Billing > Billing Cards then click on Change columns and check that Partner UID is a visible column. Any empty spaces in that column indicates a billing card that is not connected to an accounting partner. This also applies to People > Suppliers if you want check that your suppliers are connected.
Editing invoices/billing cards after they have been synced
Once billing cards have been hooked up to the accounting partner, it becomes locked to the accounting partner end, so you will need to make changes from the accounting partner side once connected.
Classes (Tracking categories in Uptick)
Classes are the Quickbooks term for tracking categories and will be picked up automatically in Uptick upon connection. Classes can be set against Cost Centres and the header will display as Tracking category: Class
Like other tracking categories, classes will appear in cost centres, where you can select your tracking class from the drop-down list. Cost centres will need to be set against the task in order for the invoicing to be tracked.
Configuring Quickbooks to track Classes
You will need to make sure you have the following settings in Quickbooks in order for the classes to be tracked properly in your invoicing:
- Click on the cog, then Account and settings
- Click Advanced > Categories, then change the Assign classes selection to One to entire transaction