The Purchase Order extension is used in Uptick to record purchases as well as monitor material and labour costs against a task. You can raise a purchase order for Materials, Equipment and Sub-contracted labour.
If you wish to use accounting partner integration with your purchase orders it's important to understand that it is only involved in key stages of the process. Use this guide to help you understand each stage of the purchase order process and the options available to you at each stage. There is no dependency linked to accounting partners so any parts of the process can occur externally and have the status changed manually as you go.
Setting material markups
Material markups are the markups that will be automatically applied to items added to a task and ultimately the client invoice as the result of a material purchase order. These can be set against Clients, Branches or can be set to apply to all material purchase orders. See the table below on how to set each one up. The Material markup field takes a number input which will be the markup percentage applied.
|On a client||On a branch||Site-wide|
|Edit/Update the client, then click the Purchase orders tab. Input the desired markup in the Material markup field.||
Go to Control panel > Branches. Edit the Branch and input the desired markup in the Material markup field.
This can also be done when creating a new Branch.
|Go to Control Panel > Purchase Orders. Input the desired markup in the Material markup field.|
In order to create purchase orders the following extensions need to be enabled:
- Suppliers - for the purpose of storing and syncing supplier details
- Purchase Orders - for the ability to create, view and filter your purchase orders
Creating the purchase order
Warehouse Purchase Orders require the warehouses extension to be enabled. Please contact support to have this turned on.
Purchase orders can be initiated in the following ways:
|Purchase Order from a task||Warehouse Purchase Order|
From a task, by clicking on Purchase order under the Process section. Goods received will make the products added to the task billable.
From the Purchase Orders dashboard, by clicking on Create Warehouse Purchase Order. Good received will add to
- When you initiate the PO, you will be taken to the Create Purchase Order screen where you will need to fill out the purchase order details:
Ref Automatically generated by Uptick as it has to be unique. Date Automatically selects today's date, can be changed if necessary.
Note: POs for subcontracted work requires that contractors have a supplier associated with them in the system.
Drop down list of your suppliers stored in Uptick.
Nominate the Warehouse to receive the stock. This is a mandatory field when creating a material PO.
Warehouse PO only:
Warehouse can be changed to a different one when adding the delivery docket by searching and selecting the warehouse in the Warehouse field.
Type Subcontractor (labour) or supplier (materials). Selecting subcontractor will reveal an additional field where you can select from the list of subcontractors stored in Uptick. Supplier ref Provide a supplier reference if applicable. Description Provide details if required. Delivery Instructions Provide delivery instructions if required.
(Only applicable to POs raised from a task)
This will automatically populate a list of selectable items based on the products added in the tasks.
Note: Selecting these will ensure the products that require being ordered will be made billable when the goods are marked as received. If you do not select these but order the same product this can cause a duplication of line items on the task.
- Click Save purchase order
- Once you've saved you'll be taken to the main purchase order page, where you will see a summary of details, currently added items and their account codes (you can add additional items by clicking Create new item). There is also a section for uploading documents against the purchase order (these are internal only and will not be sent to the supplier as part of the PO, nor be visible to the client).
Submitting PO for review - approving, rejecting and deleting
Once a purchase order has been created it will be in the draft stage, with 3 other statuses available when clicking on the status - Submit for review, Approve, and Delete.
Submit for Review Mark this status to submit the purchase order for review. This is an internal process and would be performed by the admin appointed to approve purchase orders. Approve The appropriate authority changes to this status to approve the purchase order. Delete Select this status to delete the purchase order.
- If you submit for review, the status of the purchase order will change to Awaiting approval. Clicking on the status will display new options - Approve, Reject, Delete and Revert to draft.
Previously unseen statuses:
Reject/Revert to draft
Both of these options will revert the PO back to draft status.
Note: Reverting to draft will not be possible once a bill has been created
Submitting a purchase order to the supplier
When a PO has been approved, the status options available are Submit to supplier, Delete, Mark as manually submitted and Revert to draft.
Previously unseen statuses:
|Submit to supplier (sends email)||
Submits the purchase order from Uptick, using the email address from the supplier details.
|Mark as manually submitted||Set it to this status if you prefer to download the PDF and send it to the supplier by means outside of Uptick|
Submit the purchase order to continue.
Receiving goods and delivery dockets
To ensure all materials used on a task are invoiced Uptick now supports the concept of delivery dockets to record when goods have been received. Multiple dockets can be added if the goods are arriving in partial shipments. When all goods are accounted for you can mark that everything on this order has arrived by click the All good received button.
You can also add delivery dockets to the purchase order at this stage. This process will move any unseen line items from the purchase order to the tasks work tab which will allow those line items/products to be invoiced from the task, avoiding missed product sales. To add a delivery docket:
- Click the +Docket button on the purchase order page.
- A popup window will appear where you can add a docket Number, Date and any Notes if applicable then click Submit.
Note: If this is a Warehouse PO, you can change the Warehouse before submitting if required.
- If the PO is raised from a task, when All goods received is checked all items ordered will have material markups applied and will be created as billable items on the task. Jump to the Material markups section of the article for more information.
For task-based POs, purchased Materials can now be invoiced with margins configured at one of three levels: by Client, Branch or globally in the account.
This works as below:
- If the task has a client material markup we will use that markup %
- If no client material markup then we use branch material markup %
- If no client material markup or branch material markup we use the default markup constance
- If there's none of these above things it will use the unit_price of the line item (from the product catalogue)
Receiving and paying the invoice via the accounting partner
Once the purchase order has been submitted and sent, a Bills section will appear where you can add invoice details you received from the supplier.
- Click add + Add Bill
- A new window will pop up where you can enter the supplier invoice number and date, then click Create bill.
- A new window will pop up with a summary of the purchase order and invoice details. When you're ready to continue click Create new to create the bill in you accounting partner. Creating the bill will automatically change the status of the purchase order to INVOICE RECEIVED.
- After some processing time, the bill will be created and you will be presented with a button labelled View in (accounting partner) that you can click to go straight to the bill and pay it.
- After some time the payment status will sync and automatically update the status of the purchase order to PAID. To update the status immediately, you can always view the bill and click on Sync to update the payment status.
Paying the invoice externally
If you don't use the accounting partner integration and complete payments externally, simply change the status of the purchase order to Invoice received upon getting the invoice and then change the status to Paid when the payment of the invoice is complete.