We aim to release this version on Thursday 15th of July. Users will automatically receive this update over a seven day period.
- Re-branding - the app now uses the same sleek orange look as its iOS counterpart. We hope that you love this new look as much as we do!
- Preview and Dispatch now allows field users to preview reports, and if they have the appropriate permissions, they can now dispatch from the field.
- Create callout tasks allows you to create simple, after hour tasks from within the app so communication with the office is clear and easy.
- Digital Logbooks is now integrated into the Logbooks feature allowing you to create and utilise the Uptick digital logbooks app.
Changes and Improvements
- The task list now has a two-layered sorting option, allowing you to sort by say Due Date then by Priority, making it easier to organise your work.
- For users of the Timesheets module, non-task related appointments can now be deleted.
- The interface for our testing prompts feature has been improved making it quicker to complete questions.
Dispatch and Preview
Field users can now preview, and with the appropriate permissions, dispatch reports and invoices to the customer. This feature can be found in the "Finalisation" tab in the "Reports" section.
If the technician has the "Can send dispatches" permission they can send expected reports directly to the client. If they do not have this permission, they can only preview reports.
Additionally, if the technician has the "Can create invoices via dispatch" permission, they can create and send invoices via the app. As you would expect, the app will consider the property and client manual reporting and billing setting and not allow dispatch if these are set.
Create callout tasks
Field users now have the ability to create after hour call-out tasks from within the app. From the main task list, go to the menu and choose "Create Task". The technician will be presented with a quick and easy form to complete. Technicians must have the "Can create tasks" permission to see this feature.
Field users can now use Uptick's Digital Logbooks product with the Android app. This allows users to fill out digital copies of the onsite AS1851 logbooks, store them in your Uptick system and send them to clients on request, while also entirely replacing the need to fill out and store paper logbooks onsite in some states. Learn about our Digital Logbook product in our help centre.
Setup: After downloading the Uptick Logbooks app from the Google Play store, open the app and signup for a Logbooks account (we recommend that they use the same email address used to log into Workforce in order to avoid confusion). After that is complete, contact your office who should contact Uptick support to finalise the setup.
From your Workforce app, field users will now be able to create digital logbooks via the Finalisation tab.
The mobile app is designed and developed with you in mind. If there is anything that the app lacks, something that doesn’t work as you expect, or something that would make your day easier, please let us know! The feedback we receive from you is what drives all the changes we make.
Sending feedback is easy - in the app, go to the “About” tab and tap on our support email address or our phone number to get in touch.