In circumstances where the obvious outcome is a replacement, enabling "Replace Now" on a remark allows for the quoting of an on-the-spot replacement product with a single press.
Enabling "Requires replacement" on a remark type.
1. Click on Control Panel, then click on asset types.
2. Click "View" on the asset type
3. Select the remark type that you want to enable a replacement option against by "Edit" for the appropriate remark type.
4. Tick the checkbox labelled "Requires replacement", then click "Save remark type" at the bottom-right corner of the page.
Setting up a replacement product against a remark type.
1. Repeat steps 1 and 2 at the beginning of this article. You should now be on the page of your chosen asset type.
2. Click on Variants, then click "edit" on the asset variant you wish to add a replacement product for.
3. Click on "Set advanced", then on the list labelled "Default replacement product", select the appropriate replacement from the Product Catalog. To commit the changes click "Save Variant" on the bottom right corner of the page.
4. If you go back to the asset variant you'll see the replacement product now shows up against the variant under the "Replacement" column.
Choosing the Replace Now option in the app.
With everything set up, when a technician selects the appropriate remark against the asset, "Replace now" will be an available option where applicable.