Why are invoices duplicating?
Invoices often duplicate due to the following reasons:
A staff member has manually created a duplicate in the accounting system, therefore there are 2 invoices (the one originally from Uptick, and the new manually created one).
- The invoice was detached from it's partner in the accounting system and forgotten to be re-attached. It is important to note if you are detaching invoices to re-connect them as soon as you possibly can to avoid duplicates. You do not have to detach the invoice in order to update this, you can actually update the invoice in Xero then click the 'Sync' button.
Helpful tip: Set this as a favourite and never leave any un-linked overnight. Make sure to pop your url into the link. Eg. tickfireprotection.onuptick.com/
https:// your url .onuptick.com/billing/?is_linked_to_partner=False&ordering=-created&page=1
To edit an invoice after it has been sent
Once an invoice has been created, it typically will be synced to your accounting partner. In order to edit this invoice now it's been linked to the partner, you can do 1 of 2 steps.
- Edit the information in the accounting partner, then click the sync button.
- Unlink the partner UID, change, and link again.
- Jump into the invoice.
- Click update.
- Remove and copy the parnter UID to your clipboard. Keep this here. Save invoice without partner UID filled.
- Edit invoice the way you need to. Do this quickly so you can reconnect the invoice as soon as possible.
- Update invoice again, and paste partner UID back into the invoice, click save.
- Click Sync.
Note: Whilst invoices and Purchase Orders sync overnight, Billing cards and Suppliers have their syncs run several times a day so it’s much easier to end up with duplicates if you have been detaching during the day.
Keywords: edit sent invoice, edit partner uid, duplicate invoices, duplicates, detached from partner, overnight sync, accounting, accouting