First steps for troubleshooting on the iOS App
- Make sure you're on the most recent iOS operating system. (You can check this via the settings on your device, and make sure your device is on the most recent update).
- Make sure you're on the most recent Uptick App. (You can check this via the app store which is detailed below).
- Sign out, exit the app, and sign back in again. This sometimes will do the trick.
Common Troubleshooting on the iOS App
Why isn't the task I am looking for showing on my app?
Often the reason you cannot see a task on the app, even if you can see it on the web, is due to the filters on the device.
To change the filters on the app, head to the tasks page.
- Select the blue funnel on the top left hand side of the screen. It might have a red badge on it.
- You can quickly select RESET FILTER & SORT for a quick resolution.
- If you'd like to change the filters manually, you can do this. The most common that need to be changed are:
- Assigned to me toggle off. The task is likely not assigned to you.
- Status. Select all statuses to show all tasks.
- Round, Category, Access Schedule, Service Group, Tolerance. Have these set to All.
- Due: From and Due: End. Have these blank (which will show "Date).
Refresh the task data
To update the task list, pull down on the screen until you see a swirling star to indicate the page is loading.
Log-out and login again
If you haven't logged out and in again recently, the app might need a restart to gather all the recent data. You can do this by either exiting the app (remember to have saved anything you needed if you do this option and ensure there are no pending changes), or logging out via the about tab.
How do I completely exit (or kill) the app?
- Double click on the home button of your device, or swipe up when on the home screen. This will take you to a screen where you can swipe and force an app to close.
- More on this on Apple's website, here.
How do I logout via the about tab?
- Click on the about tab (with the i).
- Scroll down, select SIGN OUT.
How do I check for updates in the app store?
- Go to the app store on your device.
- In the top right hand corner, there will be a person in a circle, with a red badge of how many updates are required. Click this.
- Scroll down. All apps required to be updated will be listed here. You also have the option to 'update all'.
Accessing irrecoverable/pending changes
- Head to the about tab and select pending changes (as shown in the first screenshot below) or click the updates circle on a task (as shown in the second screenshot below).
- This will open the changes screen (third screenshot below) which will show you if any changes are processing, failed or irrecoverable. If you have irrecoverable changes, it is important to investigate why, to ensure this process does not occur again. Irrecoverable changes could lead to missing data.
Sending logs to support
- If you've been asked to send your logs to our support team, follow the video below.
- Written instructions for sending your logs to support
- Head to the about tab
- Scroll down, select Email. If you have an email account setup on your device, this will automatically open an email, attach the logs from the app and send this to our support team, just pop a message in the email if required.
If you have tried troubleshooting and still need help, please send us a support ticket.
For urgent onsite issues only please phone our help desk (Monday-Friday 9am-4:30pm).