Release Date: 21st January
Service Task pricing no longer pulls through defaults last second. Service Tasks are no longer allowed to have blank pricing, and setting the price to $0 will be treated as $0, rather than pulling through default Product prices when generating an Invoice.
- The Defect Quote line items editor now offers a quick search function, to find specific lineitems by their asset/product/remark/description.
Changes and Improvements
- Appointments list has received an upgrade.
- Technician Activity Dashboard has received some minor polish. Most noticeably, overlapping Task Sessions will now be shown correctly.
- Performance improvements to load time for tabs on Property and Task pages.
1. Service Task pricing
In mid-2019 we started cracking down on some of the price-inferring magic we were doing in the Service Task -> Invoice workflow. Rather than preferring to set all Service Task prices to $0 and having the Product default prices pulled through last second when generating Invoices, we began explicitly setting Service Task prices earlier on in the workflow. This made things much more obvious, and also allowed for more accurate profitability to be computed.
With this release we're following up with the second half of this change, to now properly treat $0 values on Service Tasks as $0. What this means for you:
If you have been explicitly forcing the unit price on your Service Tasks to $0 or blank, expecting for the Product default price to get pulled through later when creating your Invoices, this will no longer be the case. Instead, you should now make sure that whatever pricing you expect to have on your Invoices is already set correctly on your Service Tasks.
2. Defect Quote line item search
You can now quickly filter down your Defect Quote line items by Asset, Product, Remark and Description.