Release Date: 17th December
- Projected profitability calculations for all tasks giving you access to clear insights on single, multiple or all outstanding tasks to ensure you make the most informed decisions possible.
- Automated payment terms for Xero and MYOB users - Uptick will now automatically sync your unique customer and supplier payment terms already stored in Xero or MYOB through our deep and seamless integrations. PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT ANY SPECIFIC PAYMENT TERMS THAT YOU MAY HAVE WITH CUSTOMERS ARE REFLECTED IN YOUR ACCOUNTING SYSTEM AS THEY WILL BE SYNCED AND USED IN UPTICK FROM THIS RELEASE ONWARDS.
Changes and Improvements
- Product Estimated Duration has now also been added to the major servicing process in order to further automate estimated labour on all Tasks for estimate vs actual comparisons. Read more about Uptick profitability calculations here.
- Single, Default Account Codes for Income and Expense accounting can now be set up. This will mean Invoices will always be populated with the Default Account Codes as a fail-safe against the Product or Cost Centre Account Code not being set up. The benefits of this will mean Invoices created in Uptick will always have Account Codes which is a requirement for most accounting systems, it will also means staff don't need to apply Account Codes to every Product if you only use Product Account Codes. Find out more below.
- Property Importer now uses Client Name in the required 'client' column. Alternatively, you can change the colour title to 'client_id' and continue to use the Client's id.
- The create page for creating new Routine Levels is now cleaner.
- Uptick List additions:
- Task List:
- You can now filter for Task's with a certain Authorisation Amount
- Property State can now be filtered for (Properties with validated addresses only)
- Property List:
- Property Account Manager added to CSV download
- Client Group has been added to Client column
- Property Authorisation Ref has been added into the bulk edit
- Routine Task Generation List:
- Column for Property Certification Date
- Property Branch added to CSV download
- Task List:
- Task statuses have been grouped into 'Stages' in the status drop down. Not only does this add clarity around where the Uptick status should fit into your flow, it has also been added in preparation for a new feature we are building - the ability for our customers to customise the Task statuses they use.
Uptick bSecure and Digital Logbooks
- Uptick's Digital Logbooks App now allows you to attach Logbook Cabinets and Logbooks to any Uptick bSecure sticker. This simplifies the process for technicians onsite when customers want to use asset bSecure, property bSecure, as well as digital logbooks.
1. Per customer Payment Terms (Xero and Myob only)
Uptick will now allow you to create per Customer and Supplier Invoice Payment Terms so that Invoice Due Dates can be customised depending on the Customer's needs and hence automate Uptick's invoicing process further.
The Payment Terms will live on the Billing Card and the Supplier in Uptick, which will in turn link and sync with your Customers and Suppliers in your Accounting Partner. If any Customer/Supplier Payment Terms have been set up in your Accounting Partner already, those will now pull through into the relevant Billing Card or Supplier in Uptick which will then, in turn, be used on any Invoices created from those entities in Uptick.
PLEASE MAKE SURE ANY PAYMENT TERMS THAT HAVE BEEN SET UP IN XERO OR MYOB ARE CURRENT AS THEY WILL BE SYNCED AND USED IN UPTICK FROM RELEASE ONWARDS.
This will work exactly as it does now - once the Billing Card or Supplier is linked to your accounting partner, any updates need to be applied in your Accounting Partner which, in turn, syncs overnight into Uptick.
2. Projected Profitability for all tasks
Uptick now displays Projected Profitability for all Tasks with billable works against them either via the individual Task or through our system-wide Profitability table (Insights and Reporting > Profitability). This will allow our customers to understand their profits in Uptick before the works are done for complete transparency on past and projected profits and losses.
We have also created the ability to include Child Task Profitability in the Parent Task calculations so you can track all connected profits for one Job in one place. This does not include the Child Task's Child Tasks for those that like to test the boundaries of our system!
Read more about Uptick's profitability calculations here.
3. Default Income and Expense Account Codes
Single, Default Account Codes for Income and Expense accounting can now be set up in Control Panel > Accounting > 'Edit' Accounting Partner you wish to add Account Codes for:
This will mean Invoices will always be populated with an Account Code as this will act as a fail-safe against the Product or Cost Centre Account Code not being set up.
This page will sync your Accounting Partner's Chart of Accounts so it's easy to find the relevant Account Code and will mean Uptick always has the correct Account Code it needs to push the Invoice into your Accounting Partner.
Logic: If a Purchase Order or Invoice is created in Uptick and a Product is applied, if that Product does not receive an Account Code from the Cost Centre or the Product, the system will then pull the Default, either Expense or Income, Account Code from this spot.
Xero and Online Myob only.