This article outlines the different ways that assets can be moved from one property to another. When assets get moved the all defect and service history will remain intact, however the following will be lost:
- Asset and defect documents
- Asset and defect photos
Moving assets with bulk actions
Note: While these steps are done from the Tasks tab of a property, this can also be done from the Tasks dashboard. You will need to take the extra step of filtering and searching the property the assets are being moved from in this case.
- Go to the Tasks tab of a property
- Filter for the assets you want to transfer
- Select the assets, if you select all and there are more than 40, make sure to click Select all (x) assets
- Click Edit (x) assets
- In the Change property field, search the property where the assets will be moved and click Apply changes
Moving assets via data export/import
Transferring assets from one property to another is typically done using the data importer.
If you would like to go ahead with importing your asset information across to a new site, here's what you can do to transfer them:
- Grab the assets from either the property or the task. Go to the property and access the assets tab and download the CSV.
- Delete any columns that are blank and have no information in them.
- Change the property name and reference to the NEW property that you want to switch the assets across to. The most important step!
- Make sure all your headings are correct for import. For example Base Date would be base_date. You can always check out what the headings should be via the asset data importer spreadsheet, on the importer page.
- Export your new spreadsheet as a CSV.
- Go to the importer on your system via the tools tab, and pick the import type 'Assets' from the dropdown menu. Label your import if you'd like.
- Import your file, and press Start.
Any errors at this stage will be indicated in the preview. You'll need to solve these before going ahead with the final import - if you do get stuck at this stage, please follow up with our support team to assist you.
We have a video on the data importer here
We also have a helpful article describing required fields for data imports here.