Setting up a user is an important part of onboarding a new staff member.
Setting up a user
All you need to do for this is:
- Head to the People tab, click Users.
- This will display all current users.
- Click Create user.
- Fill in form. Email address must be unique.
- Ensure license is selected correctly. Options are:
- Create user and continue.
- Assign the user to a security group. See the screenshot below for descriptions of security groups and their use case.
Note: For customer and contractor users, you do not need to assign them to a security group as it is covered in the license itself.
- Save account.
If you need to reset a password for a user, see this article below.
Keywords: user, new user, staff member, new staff member, new client, new contractor, create technician, new office member, new office staff, new field tech, new field staff, user import.