We aim to release this version on Wednesday 12th of August.
- Automatic task sessions: sessions are now started automatically depending on technician actions to improve profitability insights and for those that use Uptick for timesheet submission. One less thing to worry about while on-site!
- Timesheets module now displays unfinished sessions, making it easier to ensure that your timesheets are correct.
Changes and Improvements
- Task Ref. is now displayed throughout the app instead of Task ID in order to align with other parts of the system like Property and Quoting Refs. Going forward Task Ref should be used as your point of reference.
- For customers who manage their Keys inside Uptick: key details are now displayed in the Task and Property details screen.
- This release also forms the groundwork for new features to be announced later in the year!
Automatic Task Sessions
Major improvements have been made to sessions in this release. For the most part, sessions will start and end automatically so you don't have to think about this step anymore. To understand the feature, there are some simple rules that we follow when determining when to start a session:
Starting a Session
- When changing a task status to "In Progress", a "Performing task" session will automatically start unless:
- A session is running on another task.
- You are too far away from the property.
- You do not have location services switched on.
- To increase accuracy, if you start changing the compliance of assets and a "Performing task" session isn't running yet, we will also automatically start the timer.
NOTE: If you are too far away from the property or the app does not have your location data, you will instead be asked to either confirm you are performing this task or you are instead travelling to this task. If you choose travelling, a 'travelling' session will start.
If you do not have your location services on, you will find this change very annoying! You'll be prompted every time you change a task's status to "In Progress", so please turn this on to help your office better understand task profits.
Ending a Session
- Moving a task into any status, other than "In Progress" will automatically end any running session for the task.
- If you forget to end a session and the session runs for longer than 8 hours, next time you log in, you will be asked if you want to end the session with the last time you used the app.
For customer using Timesheets, if a specific session type needs to be used (e.g., Lunch), you should press the Play button before changing the task status or start performing work.
To enable location services, you need to go into your "Settings" on your device (outside of Uptick), then go to Privacy > Location Services and ensure that Workforce has access to your location.
For customers who use the timesheets module, you will now be able to see unfinished timesheet entries (marked with "NOT FINISHED").
Since an end time is unknown, a default end time will be used for display. Users can open the entry and set the correct end time if they wish.
The mobile app is designed and developed with you in mind. If there is anything that the app lacks, something that doesn’t work as you expect, or something that would make your day easier, please let us know! The feedback we receive from you is what drives all the changes we make.
Sending feedback is easy - in the app, go to the “About” tab and tap on our support email address or our phone number to get in touch.