Release Date: 18th June
- Company-wide profits and costs analysis across Clients, Service Groups, Technicians and much more has now been made more available using our new Profitability explorer. This tool allows you to see which areas of your business are bringing you the most or least value which will help you make better decisions for your business.
- Managers can now more easily find per Client, Property and Client Group forecasted revenue which will help add transparency to your portfolios.
- Uptick is announcing the general availability of our "Jobs" module, which allows you to effectively run projects up to $1M. The module allows you to track costs against budget across multiple tasks, cost centres and project codes, and manage progress claim invoicing.
Changes and Improvements
- Service Quotes can now be duplicated in any status to help you build multiple quotes for properties which require the same maintenance or repairs. All basic details will be duplicated, along with all maintenance and repair items on that quote.
- Task Actions such as dynamic forms or task checklists can now be customised to only be attached to certain tasks rather than 'all or nothing'. This will help users customise the types of tasks that need electronic forms and help add transparency with technicians when forms are required to be filled out. To read about Task Actions, click here for more information.
- Custom Fields that you've added to tasks, assets or properties can now be hidden from App users that have a License Type of Field.
To read about how you can set up new fields on your Uptick system, click here for more information.
- Customers can now more easily set estimated labour costs for programme maintenance with a new bulk edit function. Bulk applying Estimated Duration to all your contracts will allow you to track a task's estimated labour against your actual task sessions. See below for more information.
- Customers on Routines (not Service Contracts) can now also bulk edit Service Group and Contractors against all property Routine Levels to help configuration of Routines when subcontracting out work or rearranging the splitting of tasks. See below for more information.
- The Author and Client recipients now receive a courtesy email when a Defect Quote is declined like they do when a Defect Quote is approved.
- You can now add a Branch to Service Quotes without a property to help streamline processes when you have multiple offices or companies on Uptick.
- Installation Date can now be bulk edited on the system-wide Asset list.
- The Quote Builder on Defect Quotes will now, using the Status filter, filter out all remarks sitting on a Finalised defect quote for customers that build multiple defect quotes for separate departments.
- Important: Documents that are automatically created by Uptick in the Documents tab of a property are being REMOVED. These documents include Invoices, Reports, Quotes, Photos, Correspondence, Rectifications, Reports, Signoffs. All of these documents can be found in other tabs of the property and do not need to be in the Document tabs also. Going forward, only external documents should live in the Documents tab to avoid clutter and to avoid technicians accessing invoices and other documents. Please note that this means any external documents that you have put into these folders will be removed from the Documents tab, however, can be retrieved. Please contact us if this is an issue BEFORE the release, otherwise it might be some time before you get those documents back.
1. Improved Profitability table
Uptick's revamped profitability table still gives you all the information you had before i.e company-wide budgeted/actual costs, profits and margins for your technician/subcontracted labour, materials, equipment and expenses, however, now it allows you to 'pivot' that data across your Clients, Service Groups, Task Categories (repairs, I&T, projects and callouts), Technicians, Cost Centres, and more. Pivoting the data allows you to see summarised costs and profits across that data.
For example, in the below combination, we see the summarised costs and profits of each of my Clients which already gives me plenty of insight, plus, it then further breaks down my profits for each Task Category under those Clients so I can see the costs of the quoted repair works that I do for that Client.
Make multiple combinations by pulling the table's column titles into the section you can see in the picture below. Let Support know if you have any questions.
Use this table to make strong, future decisions using the data that flows through Uptick.
If you haven't used this page before, it's located in Tools > Insights and Reporting > Profitability
2. Forecasted Revenue
Managers can now filter for Client, Property and Clientgroup forecasted revenue which will help add transparency to your portfolios. This can be found in Tools > Insights and Reporting > Sales > Forecasted Revenue.
3. Projects in Uptick
Uptick has always offered the ability to create and link tasks which allow you to run small to medium sized projects, however, we understood a need for a better structure that allowed better cost tracking and handling for larger projects. To fulfil this need, we have built a module called 'Jobs' which allows you to run large, multi task projects that track costs more easily and add more transparency on how each task is going.
Click here if you want to run projects through Uptick.
4. Bulk edit option for Estimated Duration, Service Group and Contractor
Estimated Duration is an important field used in Uptick as it allows businesses to set budgeted labour against your property's maintenance contracts, tasks and products. This then allows you to build accurate labour predictions on tasks which can then be compared to your technicians time on-site and quoted works.
To help you use Estimated Duration, we have added a bulk edit function on the following pages:
For companies on Service Contracts: Customer Data > Service Contracts
For companies on Routine Services: Customer Data > Routine Services
For companies on Routine Services, as you can see above, you have a new Routine Service page! This page is purely built to allow transparency of all your property's Routine Service Levels and allow bulk edits across multiple properties for adding Estimated Duration, and adding and removing Contractors, Service Groups, and tolerances. You can use this page for not only setting Estimated Duration, but also to help you manipulate the work you subcontract, as well as making sure your Service Groups are set up correctly on your levels so your tasks split properly.