We aim to release this version on Tuesday 2nd of June. Users who have automatic updates enabled will gradually receive this update over the week. Users who do not have automatic updates enabled will need to manually update from the App Store.
Enable automatic updates on your device to get timely updates and access to new features. This is the best way to make the most of the app - to enable: go to “Settings” > “iTunes & App Stores” and enable ‘App Updates” in the ”Automatic Downloads” section.
- Multi-image selection: when adding photos to Remarks, Assets or uploading to the documents folder, you can now select multiple photos at once from your photo gallery to help optimise your workflows.
- Service Group can now be set when creating a Defect Quote from the mobile App to add distinction when creating quotes for multiple departments.
- Asset Inspection Criteria and Remark Inspection Criteria information are now available to technicians in order to help them service individual assets.
Changes and Improvements
- When using the Map feature, you can now turn off the feature that clusters and counts a group of tasks when you are zoomed out on the map. This option can be found in your preferences, by clicking your initials on the Dashboard.
- When creating a Defect Quote via the mobile app, filters have been added to make it easier to find and select products for quoting, especially for those who need to create multiple quotes for a task.
- Optimisations have been made to help the Workforce app use less space on your iPhone or iPad. You'll see this in a new "Optimisations" item in the Loading screen.
- You can now edit the Descriptions and Resolutions of remarks that already contain prefilled information.
When adding photos to Assets, Remarks or when uploading photos to any of the Documents folders from your photo gallery, you will now have an option to select multiple photos.
Simply, open the album and select the photos you want to include (a counter is shown at the bottom of the screen to tell you how many photos have been selected) and press Done.
Defect Quote Changes
This release sees two changes being made when creating Defect Quote from the mobile App. The first change allows you to set the Service Group for the quote, by default the Task's Service Group will be used, but you can change this if you wish.
The second change allows you to filter the list of quotable products. This is accessed by tapping the filter button on the bottom left. The filter allows you to:
- Exclude items recently quoted by me: if enabled, this will remove any products that have been quoted by you on this task. This allows you to make sure that you have quoted all products you expect to quote. By default, this will be On.
- Asset types: if you create multiple quotes based on asset type, this handy filter will allow you to select which asset types you want to see on the Prepare Quote screen.
When changing the filters, they will remove any product that is not visible, so you are advised to use the "Preview" option to make sure that everything you want to be quoted is included in on the quote.
Asset Types and Remark Types have a field called Inspection Criteria. If information is added into these fields by the office, this information will now be available to you.
When opening an Asset, if criteria has been written, a new button titled "Criteria" is displayed in the Servicing (or Compliance) heading. A similar button is shown when viewing a Remark.
Remark Edit Text
You can now edit the Description and Resolution text in a remark, rather than having to type it again. If you need to add to the standard text, simply long tap (as you would if you wanted to copy and paste) and select the "Edit Text" menu option. You can then edit the standard text for this remark.
The mobile app is designed and developed with you in mind. If there is anything that the app lacks, something that doesn’t work as you expect, or something that would make your day easier, please let us know! The feedback we receive from you is what drives all the changes we make.
Sending feedback is easy - in the app, go to the “About” tab and tap on our support email address or our phone number to get in touch.