Our out of contract Major Servicing Dashboard calculates and displays individual asset due dates for each major service level based on:
- The Base Date of the asset or its last major service test date (if a major service has been completed in the Uptick system before)
- The frequency of the applicable routine service levels set up per property
For the assets due for each site, the dashboard allows you to easily manage, send and approve a quote before the task is created and works are performed. This dashboard will need to be managed by staff.
Setting up Routines for Asset Based Servicing
Once enabled by us and permissions are applied, you can start setting up your major servicing dashboard.
To configure asset-based servicing:
- Click Control Panel > Routines > Create Routine Service Level Type.
- Fill out the fields and take note of the Asset Based Service and Uses Slippage checkboxes. See the table below for an explanation of these options:
Asset Based Service Checking this box will mean servicing schedule will be generated using the asset base service date or last service date rather than the site based service date specified on the routine the asset is applicable to. Uses Slippage
Checking this box as well as the Asset Based Servicing checkbox will mean servicing schedule will be generated using the last service date.
If left unchecked, the date will be based on the base date and will not be influenced by the last service date on this level (by default slippage is enabled for asset based servicing).
When Slippage is enabled, if a 5 year major service is completed 1 year out, the following due date of that asset will be 5 years from that last service date, instead of being required to be completed in 4 years
- Tick Asset Based Service
- Tick Uses Slippage
How tasks are generated when in/out of contract
Once a level has been ticked as asset based, the way tasks are generated is dependent on whether or not it's included in the contract.
You establish whether the level is in or out of contract by either selecting it or not selecting it on each property.
If the asset based service is included as part of the property contract
Task generation will follow the typical routine task generation process. The number of assets to be serviced will also be shown in the routine schedule on the property. Read our Asset Based Servicing article for more info.
If the asset based service is not included as part of the property contract
The assets will appear as due on the Major Servicing dashboard. A quote can be created straight from the dashboard, then a task will be generated from the approved quote.
How to use the Major Servicing Module
Once asset based servicing is set up on at least one of your levels, that routine is being serviced on a property, there are applicable assets with a Base Date set on that property, and you've waited a few minutes for the due dates to be calculated by the system, you can start using the Major Servicing module.
Navigation: Tools > Major Servicing. This is your Major Servicing dashboard.
This dashboard allows you to manage your assets due for a major service and then allows you to create quotes straight from this page. You'll also get warnings if assets applicable for a major service don't have base dates (and hence no due date can be calculated).
When you first come into this page, you'll see a lot of red, SELECT PRODUCT text - it is a requirement that for each major servicing level, you set up products that are applicable to the repairs for that major service. This allows automation when quoting as the system already knows which products to apply. You only need to set this up once per major service level.
Click 'SELECT PRODUCT' in the table or 'Configure Products' next to the routine level at the top of the page.
You now need to set up the following:
- Add a default product for all repairs. This simply will apply that single product for every asset that you quote or create a repair for. If this is not configured you will receive the error message "Default product needs to be selected"
- If your major service has multiple asset types applicable to it, add a product per asset type (variant optional). This improves accuracy with costing when creating quotes and repairs.
Keep in mind that you can only save one variant per product for each line for now.
- Once products are setup, when you are to Create Quote from the major servicing dashboard, those products will automatically apply so your quote is ready to send to your client in two clicks.
Watch the video below to visually learn how to interact with your major servicing dashboard (reiterating what is explained above) and also how to interact with your pivot table.