This module creates a due date of the major service for each asset based on:
- The base date of the asset or its last major service test date (if a major service has been completed in the Uptick system before)
- The frequency of the routine it's applicable to
The dashboard allows you to then send a quote before doing the works, as well as instantly creating repair tasks for pre-approved works. This dashboard will need to be managed by staff each month.
Setting up Routines as Major Services
Once enabled by us and permissions are applied, you can start setting up your major servicing dashboard.
To set up a major service you first need to create routines that are 'major services'.
- Go to your Routine Configuration page. Control Panel > Routines.
- 'Create' a new routine service level type.
- Add all the proper information, however, tick 'Major Servicing Applicable'. Save.
- Make sure this routine has applicable asset types or add some if there aren't. You can see in the picture below which levels are major services indicated with a blue 'M'
- Repeat with other levels if needed.
Once a new major service level has been created or new applicable asset types have been added, it will take some time for the module to find and calculate all the asset due dates for this service so please be patient.
Important note: Once this level has been ticked as a major service, it will no longer create tasks if when added to properties. A major service level should not be added to any properties unless this major service is a part of this property's contract and is included in the service you provide - this will tell the dashboard you will manage your major services from which assets are a part of a contract and hence a quote is not required.
How to use the Major Servicing Module
Once Major Servicing is set up on at least one of your routine levels, and you've waited a few minutes for the due dates to be calculated by the system, you can start using the Major Servicing module.
Navigation: Tools > Major Servicing. This is your Major Servicing dashboard.
This dashboard allows you to manage your assets due for a major service and then allows you to create quotes and repairs straight from this page. You'll also get warnings if assets applicable for a major service don't have base dates (and hence no due date can be calculated), and whether those assets are a part of the property's contract by showing a YES in the Contract column (shown as 'C...' in the above image).
When you first come into this page, you'll see a lot of red, SELECT PRODUCT text - it is a requirement that for each major servicing level, you set up products that are applicable to the repairs for that major service. This allows automation when creating quote and repairs as the system already knows which products to apply. You only need to set this up once per major service level.
Click 'SELECT PRODUCT' in the table or 'Configure Products' next to the routine level at the top of the page.
You now have two options:
- Add just one product for all repairs. This simply will apply that single product for every asset that you quote or create a repair for.
- Add a product per variant, per asset type (if your major service has multiple asset types applicable to it). This is the recommended approach as it means more accuracy with costing when create quotes and repairs.
Once products are setup, when you are to Create Quote or Create Repair from the major servicing dashboard, those products will automatically apply so your quote is ready to send to your client in two clicks.
Keep in mind that you can only save one variant per product for each line.
Watch the video below to visually learn how to interact with your major servicing dashboard (reiterating what is explained above) and also how to interact with your pivot table.