The Service Quoting extension allows you to create a quote for maintenance work for a new property or client not yet in your Uptick system. The benefits of using this module are not only the online approval process reducing lost information and paperwork, but also your ability to add maintenance contracts and repair work to that one quote which, once approved, automatically adds all that information into your system automatically, streamlining processes and reducing double handling.
Email Uptick's support desk to enable service quoting on your server. If the user has the correct permissions applied, you can find the Service Quoting module in the navigation bar.
How to use
Service quotes have the capability to have both repairs and/or programme maintenance included in the quote.
The example above shows you a service quote for a new property not yet in the system, with the client already in the Uptick system. Once you've finalised and sent this quote to your client, your client has approved it online, and you change the quote to a Completed status, not only will that new property automatically create in your system, it will also attach those maintenance contracts to that property and create a repair task for those items.
Service Quotes can be created for any combination of quote i.e. a new client, old client, new property, old property.
- Go out to site and do your initial checks to build the quote. This is not generally done in the Uptick system as this process isn't accessible via the Uptick App, but your managers and technicians can create and fill out a quote via the Web, through their devices if they wish.
- Create a service quote in the system by going to your Service Quote list and clicking 'Create Service Quote'. Follow the prompts and fill in the quote.
- Once your Service Quote is finalised, use the status change dropdown, to electronically submit this quote to your client via the Uptick system. Alternatively, click 'Send to Client'. Clicking the Send to Client button will allow you to edit the recipients and body of the email before the email is sent.
4. Once the recipient receives and opens the link to their electronic service quote, they can approve the quote via this interface:
5. Once the quote is Approved, change the Service Quote into a Completed status.
Changing a service quote into a COMPLETE status initiates the system to:
- Create the client if it doesn't exist in the system yet.
- Create the property if it doesn't exist in the system yet.
- Adds those 'Included Services' to the property automatically.
- Creates a repair task with the 'Required Work' products attached to that task.
Uptick provides a default quote template that displays your annual and setup costs to your clients, however, this can be customised at a cost. Please contact our support team for more information.
FAQ on service quoting: