The Service Quoting extension allows you to create a quote for maintenance work for a new property or client not yet in your Uptick system. The benefits of using this module are not only the online approval process reducing lost information and paperwork, but also your ability to add maintenance contracts and repair work to that one quote which, once approved, automatically adds all that information into your system automatically, streamlining processes and reducing double handling.
Email Uptick's support desk to enable service quoting on your server. If the user has the correct permissions applied, you can find the Service Quoting module in the navigation bar.
How to use
Service quotes have the capability to have both repairs and/or programme maintenance included in the quote.
Creating a new service quote
Either from the side menu click Service Quotes > Create Service Quote. You'll be take to a setup page to provide initial details. See below for an outline of the fields you can fill out on this page.
|Ref||Quote reference number (automatically generated and sequenced by Uptick)|
|Description||Provide a description for the Service Quote here.|
|Template||Choose the service quote template to be used. The default template will be automatically be selected unless manually changed.|
|Review Date||Provide a date for the Service Quote to be reviewed.|
|Expiry Date||Expiry date of the Service Quote.|
|Supervisor||This field can be used project quotes where you need to assign a supervisor.|
|Author||Change the author of the quote if required. This field only appears once the Quote has been made - click Update when viewing the quote to make changes.|
|Tags||Select from a list of Service Quote tags.|
|Scope of Works||Outline the works to be done. Can be populated with pre-made text snippets.|
|Terms and Conditions||Provide any conditions and disclaimers for the quote. Text snippets can also be used here. Can be populated with pre-made text snippets.|
|Internal Note||Provide any notes related to the quote that are only visible to staff.|
Quoting services and works
Once the draft Service Quote has been created, on the next page you can quote services and works as pictured in the screenshot above. The table below outlines how these sections are used:
|Required work||Works to be performed are added to the quote such as installations, repairs, call-out fees etc. by way of adding the appropriate products.|
|Included fixed routines*||Add routine services to the quote that are to be billed a fixed amount over a specified billing period, quoted by the annual price.|
|Included Do and Charge routines*||Add routine services to the quote that are either per visit or per asset when routine services are performed. The Unit Price is the price per asset and the Site Price is the price per visit.|
*Unlike Property/Client/Task details, the Billing Contracts will not be set up automatically upon quote approval. These will need to set up after the fact if the client approves the quote. You can learn more by reading our article on Billing Contracts.
The example above shows you a service quote for a new property not yet in the system, with the client already in the Uptick system. Once you've finalised and sent this quote to your client, your client has approved it online, and you change the quote to a Completed status, not only will that new property automatically create in your system, it will also attach those maintenance contracts to that property and create a repair task for those items.
Service Quotes can be created for any combination of quote i.e. a new client, old client, new property, old property.
- Go out to site and do your initial checks to build the quote. This is not generally done in the Uptick system as this process isn't accessible via the Uptick App, but your managers and technicians can create and fill out a quote via the Web, through their devices if they wish.
- Create a service quote in the system by going to your Service Quote list and clicking 'Create Service Quote'. Follow the prompts and fill in the quote.
- Once your Service Quote is finalised, use the status change dropdown, to electronically submit this quote to your client via the Uptick system. Alternatively, click 'Send to Client'. Clicking the Send to Client button will allow you to edit the recipients and body of the email before the email is sent.
4. Once the recipient receives and opens the link to their electronic service quote, they can approve the quote via this interface:
5. Once the quote is Approved, change the Service Quote into a Completed status.
Changing a service quote into a COMPLETE status initiates the system to:
- Create the client if it doesn't exist in the system yet.
- Create the property if it doesn't exist in the system yet.
- Adds those 'Included Services' to the property automatically.
- Creates a repair task with the 'Required Work' products attached to that task.
Uptick provides a default quote template that displays your annual and setup costs to your clients, however, this can be customised at a cost. Please contact our support team for more information.
FAQ on service quoting: