Welcome to the Uptick API!
Our versioning is implemented across the board, rather than on a per-endpoint basis. Access is via
The versioning scheme is as follows (note that this is NOT semver):
- MAJOR: Corresponds to spec being implemented.
- MINOR: Corresponds to a backwards-incompatible change that's been made.
- PATCH: Corresponds to minor, backwards-compatible, tweaks.
We currently offer one MAJOR version, v2, which implements REST, extended with the JsonAPI spec.
When the MINOR version is not specified (eg.
/api/v2/<endpoint>/), the latest MINOR version will be defaulted to for the given MAJOR version. Similarly, when the PATCH version is not specificed, the latest PATCH for the given MINOR.MAJOR combination is used.
There is no explicit lifetime for each MINOR version, but roughly ~3 minor versions should be expected to coexist simultaneously, so when you see a new one introduced, expect the oldest one to be on its way out.
You can review version info at
/api/version/ You'll see the keys `latest`, `deprecated`, `imminent_removal` and `removed` there, which should let you know well ahead of time whether you need to start updating.
Our endpoints are self-descriptive; they are their own documentation. If you view our API from your browser, you'll see it render in a human-readable way.
/api/v2.5/ to see a list of endpoints. Follow any of these to see available fields. Every endpoint also offers an OPTIONS method, which lists additional metadata for each field.
Here are a few tips to ensure you get the best out of our API:
- Always specify the MINOR version in your calls, to avoid surprises when things change. eg.
/api/v2.x/<endpoint>/. We also send out email updates when adding/removing MINOR versions. Please get in contact with us if you would like to be included on this mailing list.
- Prefetch data. You can use
?include=<fieldname of relationship>to pull through related table data. Can even dig through multiple levels, eg.
- Take advantage of sparsefields. By default, endpoints return all available fields. You can use the
?fields[<ResourceType>]query to request only the specific fields you need. eg.
/api/v2.x/properties/?fields[Property]=name,ref,created. These work on included data as well. eg.
- Paginate. Use
page[offset]to chunk the data you pull out. eg.
- Filter results. Most fields can be filtered on. There's also a special
updatedsincefilter, which you should be using when you're fetching lists of data for syncing purposes. eg.
- Minimise the number of API calls you make. With the above points, you should be able to efficiently collect exactly the data you need with minimal calls to the API. Everybody wins.
v2.5 (Added Jul 16, 2020)
Asset.floorplan_locationshas now become
Asset.floorplan_location, as the relationship is now one-to-one. Both usages will remain accessible until support for v2.4 is dropped.
v2.4 (Added May 21, 2020)
- The following resources have been renamed:
- Renamed all occurences of fields named
asset. This change spans multiple endpoints, and affects the following resources:
Task.statusfrom a CharField to a ForeignKey relationship on resource
TaskStatus. What was previously stored in
Task.statuscan now be found under
Task.status.id. Affects all endpoints that reference the
- Added endpoint
/api/v2.x/taskstatuses/, for viewing
- All datetimes are now returned in the timezone of the user performing the request. For example,
2020-01-20T00:32:06.912780Z, for a user with a Melbourne timezone, will now return as
2020-01-20T11:32:06.912780+11:00. Clients must ensure they understand the
+XX:XXtimezone offset suffix, rather than just the
ZUTC suffix, or always assuming UTC.
v2.3 (Added Jan 16, 2020)
- Renamed a number of endpoints. Both endpoint names will remain accessible via both old and new API versions until support for v2.2 is dropped.
- Added endpoint
/api/v2.x/assettags/, for parity with the same endpoint in the v1 api.
/api/v2.x/timelineevents/has been renamed to
content_type. Both filter names will remain usable until support for v2.2 is dropped.
is_performedbool field from
performed_datedatetime field instead.
is_quotablebool field from
ServiceTaskresource. Concept of "Quotable" ServiceTasks has been replaced with a new "SuggestedProducts" resource.
/api/v2.x/suggestedproducts/endpoint, for interfacing with SuggestedProducts.
- Tasks with new status type CANCELLED are now visible through the
v2.2 (Pending removal Mar 18, 2021)
/api/v2.x/tasksessions/. Both endpoints will remain accessible via both old and new API versions until support for v2.1 is dropped.
TaskSession.typefrom a CharField to a ForeignKey on model TaskSessionType. What was previously stored in
TaskSession.typecan now be found under
TaskSessionType.key. This affects both the TaskSession endpoints
/api/v2.x/tasksessions/, as well as the
- Added new endpoint
/api/v2.x/tasksessiontypes/, for accessing and manipulating TaskSessionTypes.
v2.1 (Removed Jun 18, 2020)
- This is only a field name change. The resource behind the ForeignKey was already called RemarkType and remains this way.
- This change affects not only the
remarksendpoint, but all other endpoints that were pulling remarks through via the
/api/v2/remarktypes/. Both endpoints will remain accessible via both old and new API versions until support for v2.0 is dropped.
v2.0 (Removed Feb 6, 2020)
- Initial release