Uptick has a few different ways for field users (mobile app users) and the office staff to prepare defect quotes for non-compliant assets and essential safety measures when on site. This article will explain the quickest and best processes field and office users should be taking to provide the most efficient outcome.
On the App, you've gone into a task and clicked on the Work tab to start working through the assets on site
You've changed your task status to In Progress and clicked the Play button as you are now starting your work. This helps the office staff keep a record of your working times and lets them know you are currently working on this Task.
On the Work tab, you can use filters and the search bar to find and sort by certain asset locations, reference numbers, barcodes and other fields.
You've found the Exit Light Jumbo Exit Light (example above), so you click into it on the App.
This asset has failed - Fitting failed the 90 min discharge test.
1. Click Fail
2. Add a Remark. If the office has setup the common remark for the location sign replacement, then click on the remark choice down the bottom of your screen. If not, you'll need to click the 'Custom note' remark.
3. Add all the details needed on the remark for the defect to be quoted on
i. Location: You don't need to fill this out unless the asset location isn't clear enough (good for essential safety measures like paths of travel which could have several defects along its path)
ii. Description: This should be filled out already, but add to it if it's not clear enough
iii. Severity: This should already be filled out, however, if the severity of the remark is not correct to the Australian standards, then change it.
iv. Notes: These are internal notes (not for client's eyes). Only use this field if something needs to be said about this specific remark that isn't already in the Description field.
v. Resolution: This should already be filled out. Depending on what the office wants will you fill this out.
4. Add photos of the defect for your client's reference. You can add as many as needed.
5. Add Products. Still on the remark, you want to now add the Products that will fix this defect. Click Add Products down the bottom of the remark. This is a very important step as it helps automate the whole process of quoting for you and the office. This is limited by the number of products you have in the system, so as you build your product list, this should get better.
6. Once you've added the required product/s, click the Back button and Save the asset.
Once you've inspected all assets, you can move through the bottom tabs. The Finalisation tab is where you can task photos of Logbooks on site, add extra Notes about the job, add any Signatures you might need, Preview the Service Report and create a draft defect quote.
Depending on the processes that your company has set, will it mean you needed to go to the Finalisation tab. Technicians can create defect quotes from the mobile app, but this is to be advised by your office.
7. Once you have finished up on site, change your task to an Inspected status and press Pause on the timer.
1. Can View Pricing Information - is required to see pricing data in the quote screens. Without this, you will only see the product item, no price information. (indeed, this permission affects pricing information throughout the app)
2. When viewing old quotes (View Past), you will always see this button, however the quotes displayed will not show their price if you don’t have the “Can View Pricing Permission” and you need the “Can View defect quote” permission to view the full quote details.