Use the Uptick Scheduler and calendar to keep all your technician's calendars within Uptick. Easily drag and drop repairs and inspection work into your technician's week, send notifications about upcoming visits to your property managers and tenants, add leave and toolbox meetings and communicate efficiently with your technicians with their in App calendar and notifications.
Once enabled by us and permissions are applied, you can find the Scheduler in Tasks > Scheduler.
How to use
The "day" view has vertical columns to better accommodate wide screens. Filter for tasks on the left, then drag and drop those tasks into a time slot for a specific technician on the right. See gaps in your technicians day, where they will be and what they are doing, easily.
Creating Appointments Continued..
When you drag a task into a time slot in the calendar, you're greeted with an option to add more information to the appointment before the appointment is saved. This is where you can assign the appointment to multiple techs, add an Appointment Category (see below for more info), change the date and time and add any extra notes about this appointment. All this information appears to the technician and office views.
Add categories to your appointments to help distinguish between certain appointments. An example of this might be telling you straight away which appointments are 'Flexible' or 'Not Booked'.
See the above Week view to understand how your office and techs see the categories once the appointment is saved.
Setting up more categories: Go to Control Panel > Appointments > Create new.
Scheduling 'Sick leave' and other non-task related events
On the scheduler, you are also able to create Non-task Events i.e. events that don't have a task attached. An example of a Non-task Event is Sick Leave, Toolbox meetings, RDOs etc. Click the 'Schedule non-task event' button on the top, left of the Scheduler to add an event.
Setting up non-task event options: Go to Control Panel > Timesheets > Create new Task session types.
Sending Notifications to property managers and other contacts
1. Click 'Send Notifications' on the top, left of the Scheduler.
This will take you to a formatted list of all your company's appointments which can then be filtered by schedule date and more. Once you've filtered for the appointments you wish to send a notification for, bulk select all those appointments and click 'Edit Appointments'.
2. Select who you would like to send a notification email to for these appointments.
- 1. Primary Contact of the Client. The client will receive just ONE email with all appointments listed.
- 2. Property Contacts. This will go through each property and send an individual email to each property contact with the 'Notification' box ticked on the property. If 'Notification' isn't ticked on a property's contact, then they will not be sent a notification. This will also CC in the technician assigned to that appointment.
The emails you send to clients or property contacts can be completely customised. You also can build several different email templates depending on the type of appointment it is or how much access you need.
Uptick allows you to set up reoccurring appointments against your maintenance work so that once tasks are generated, they automatically get assigned to a technician and a time slot. This will help automate your scheduling, keep technicians informed and decrease your workload each month.
Weekly or fortnightly maintenance work would be a perfect example of where you could add automation.
For customers on Routines
- Go to the Routine tab on the property.
- Click 'Manage Routine Services'
- Click on the Level you want to add an appointment to > Click 'Schedule Recurrent Appointment'.
- To then assign a technician to that appointment, go back to the Routines tab of that property and click 'View Default Technicians' and add a default technician to this property. When adding a default technician, you can either keep the service group blank meaning that technician will be assigned to all appointments can tasks for that site, or select a the service group so they are only applied to the subset of tasks that apply to that service group.
For customers on Service Contracts
- Go to the Service tab on the property.
- View the contract to want to set up a reoccurring appointment for.
- Click 'Schedule'.
4. To then setup a technician for that appointment, go back to the Services tab of that property and click 'View Default Technicians' and add a default technician to this property. When adding a default technician, you can either keep the service group blank meaning that that technician will be assigned to all appointments and tasks for that site, or select a service group so they are only applied to the subset of tasks that apply to that service group.
Note: The Scheduler will show you upcoming recurring appointments that haven't yet been generated, make sure your "Forecast" toggle is on (seen in the Weekly image above).
Keywords: adhoc, ad-hoc, sick leave, non-task, non task, nontask