As of October 2021 MYOB Accountright and MYOB Essentials have been merged into MYOB Business.
Different accounting partners use differing terms and don't always match up with those in Uptick . This table will help you understand how to match Uptick terms against those in MYOB.
|Uptick Name||MYOB Name|
|Purchase Order Bill||Bill|
Connecting MYOB to Uptick
- Click Control Panel > Accounting.
- Click the MYOB icon.
Enter login credentials for a user that has access to your MYOB company file. If 2 factor authentication is enabled you may be given a prompt to input a verification code.
Finalise the integration by clicking Allow access. This will redirect you back to Uptick.
- Select your organisation; MYOB refers to this as the Company File. The credentials to be entered on this page are those for the Company File specifically, not your regular MYOB login details. If you don't remember what these are, try entering the default credentials: "Administrator" for username and leave the password blank.
- If your Accounting Configuration page now looks like this it means you've connected successfully.
- Lastly, if you want this to be the default organisation for Billing Cards and Invoices to link with, click Set as default. If this is your first time setting up an accounting integration then you definitely want to mark it as default.
- You can review your MYOB integrations at secure.myob.com. Here you can revoke permissions for the Uptick integration, or if need be, sign out so that you can set up the MYOB integration with a different user account.
- If you've disconnected an integration and wish to reconnect it, simply follow the same steps from the start again and it'll automatically link back up with your previous setup.
- You can also link multiple Accounting Organisations on the Accounting Integration page by clicking one of the accounting partner icons and following the prompts. With such a setup you will still have one default Accounting Organisation that most Billing Cards and Invoices connect to. The remaining Accounting Organisations will need to be explicitly specified on the Billing Cards that will be using them.
Sync settings - general details
Name: This comes from your company details set up with your accounting partner.
Accounting partner: Detected automatically after the sign-in process.
Unique ID: Generated by the accounting partner.
Local Invoice PDF Generation: Enable this to have Uptick generate your Invoice PDFs instead of the Accounting Partner.
Default income account and default expense account: These are selectable from a drop-down list and are picked up automatically after the sign-in process. Products with account codes set against them will override the default settings and need to have appropriate account codes set up or else invoices and purchases cannot be processed.
Suspense Account: This is an optional field where you can input an account code nominated for revenue reconciliation.
Sync settings - partner syncs
|Sync options available for billing cards, invoices and suppliers||Sync options for purchase orders|
|off, update only, create and update||off, update only|
Below is an outline of the sync options and what they mean:
|Off||Data will not be retrieved from the accounting partner and information from Uptick will not sync to the accounting partner (you can still create or update records manually)|
|Create and Update||Records created from the accounting partner side will sync to Uptick and records created in Uptick will sync to the accounting partner.|
|Update only||Records created in Uptick will sync to the accounting partner and records created in the accounting partner will not sync to Uptick.|
It is recommended that your sync settings should be as shown in the screenshot above in order to get full functionality out of your accounting integration.
Make sure that billing cards are connected to your accounting partner or it won't invoice successfully. You can can either view the billing card against a client, or go to Billing > Billing Cards then click on Change columns and check that Partner UID is a visible column. Any empty spaces in that column indicates a billing card that is not connected to an accounting partner. This also applies to People > Suppliers if you want check that your suppliers are connected.
Linking your products to the chart of accounts
Uptick becomes a powerful accounting tool when integrated with your MYOB account. Your Products will automatically link to your Chart of Accounts when you define the Account code on the Uptick Product. More on how to setup your products here.
MYOB uses the Account code to identify your Products for billing purposes. To learn more about MYOB and your Chart of Accounts, click here.
Invoicing with Uptick and MYOB
Uptick supports MYOB's Service-type Invoicing
This invoicing uses the Account Code field on each invoice line item that will be picked up by MYOB when it registers the Invoice against the General Ledger.
This means if you'd like to, you can track how much revenue you're earning from each area of the business. If you need more information on how to link products and the account code, click here.
Important note: Every night, a sync between MYOB and Uptick occurs. This will sync all invoices between the platforms, however it does not sync deleted/voided invoices, so make sure to do these syncs manually if you delete/void an invoice.
Editing invoices/billing cards after they have been synced with MYOB
- Create the billing card in Uptick and push it to your accounting partner.
- You should not have to 'detach' this again.
- If you need to edit it you can do so in MYOB. Then with the overnight sync Uptick will pick all the relevant changes up. If you detach it you will most likely run into issues when trying to attach to existing!
Character limit of attention field, reference field and client field from MYOB is 20-25 characters.
Keywords: accounting, accouting