Before you begin
We need to do a manual step on our side to enable your server for MYOB integration. If you're not sure whether or not this has been set up for you, give us a call or open a support ticket and we'll do this promptly.
Connect your MYOB account with Uptick:
Step 1: From the Tools dropdown menu in the navigation strip, select Site Configuration.
Step 2: From the site configuration page, select Accounting Configuration.
Step 3: Click the MYOB icon. You will be redirected to MYOB.
Step 4: Enter login credentials for a user that has access to your MYOB company file.
Step 5: Finalise the integration by clicking Allow access. This will redirect you back to Uptick.
Step 6: Select your organisation; MYOB refers to this as the Company File. The credentials to be entered on this page are those for the Company File specifically, not your regular MYOB login details.
Step 7: If your Accounting Configuration page now looks like this it means you've connected successfully.
Step 8: Lastly, if you want this to be the default organisation for Billing Cards and Invoices to link with, click Set as default. If this is your first time setting up an accounting integration then you definitely want to mark it as default.
- You can review your MYOB integrations at secure.myob.com. Here you can revoke permissions for the Uptick integration, or if need be, sign out so that you can set up the MYOB integration with a different user account.
- If you've disconnected an integration and wish to reconnect it, simply follow the same steps from the start again and it'll automatically link back up with your previous setup.
- You can also link multiple Accounting Organisations on the Accounting Integration page by clicking one of the accounting partner icons and following the prompts. With such a setup you will still have one default Accounting Organisation that most Billing Cards and Invoices connect to. The remaining Accounting Organisations will need to be explicitly specified on the Billing Cards that will be using them.
Invoicing with Uptick and MYOB
Uptick becomes a powerful accounting tool when integrated with your MYOB account. We presently support two types of MYOB Invoices. MYOB refers to these as "layouts":
- Item-type Invoices - these link Uptick Products to MYOB Inventory Items. Each Invoice line item must have a Product against it before the Invoice can be pushed to MYOB. The Products on the line items then enable MYOB to determine how to register the Invoice against the General Ledger. Item-type Invoices allow setting a quantity.
- Service-type Invoices - these do not allow Products to be set, but instead have an Account Code field on each Invoice line item that will be picked up by MYOB when it registers the Invoice against the General Ledger. Service-type invoices do not allow setting a quantity, however you can still set a quantity on the Invoice in Uptick, which will scale the line item value accordingly when the Invoice is pushed to MYOB.
NOTE: You may use only one of these types across the system, so choose wisely.
Linking Uptick Products to MYOB Inventory Items (for Item-type Invoices)
Your Products are linked to your MYOB inventory through the Code field. This maps to the Inventory Item Number in MYOB. Note that with this approach you do not need to set the Account code on the Uptick Product, as MYOB already associates your Inventory with your Chart of Accounts. You may still enter the Account code, but for the purpose of the MYOB integration, only the Code is used.
From the Tools dropdown menu in the navigation strip, select Products. Here you can easily review which Codes and Account codes. You have set.