For instances in which you have reached a pricing agreement for your products and services for a special client, a specific promotion, or a regional customer, you can create a price tier specifically customised to the agreement, and apply the pricing tier to that client or just an individual property which will get passed down to the relevant job.
Pricing gets passed downwards and overridden at each level until it hits the job you at processing:
Price tier on the client > price tier given to the individual property > product price has been manually overridden on the invoice or quote you are processing.
Once enabled by us and permissions are applied, you can find your system's pricing tiers in Billing > Product Catalog > Pricing.
Creating a pricing tier
1. Go to your pricing page and click 'Create new tier'. On the next page, enter the name of your pricing tier i.e. 'Client A' or 'Regional A'.
2. On the next page that you are directed to, enter the altered prices of each product according to the pricing structure of your new tier.Leave blank where the price remains the same as your default prices, or put a zero in where the price is $0. You can always go back and edit prices as needed.
3. Click 'Save price tier' at the bottom of the page.
Updating a pricing tier
1. From the price tier page, click the blue, column title of the pricing tier you want to update. This will take you into the pricing tier.
2. Click the 'Update' button to individually update your pricing in this tier OR click 'Download CSV' and use the importer to bulk update your pricing all at once.
How to use the importer to bulk update: As mentioned above, click 'Download CSV'. In this spreadsheet, add and replace all the unit prices you wish you update. Leave the unit price blank where you want it to inherit from your default product values or put a $0 where you want it to be $0. Save the file as a CSV (important!). Once finished, go to Tools > Data Importer, select the 'Prices' import type and upload your CSV file and import.
Adding a pricing tier to a client or property
Now that you have added a new pricing tier, you now need to apply that pricing tier to either a client or a property.
1. Go to your client list (People > Clients) and 'View' the client you wish to add a new pricing tier to.
2. When viewing that client, you will see a Pricing field that allows you to 'change' the pricing tier from the default pricing on your system.
All properties with this client will now inherit that pricing structure unless you add another pricing tier to the lower, property level.
1. Go to the Billing tab of any property
2. Click 'Configure Pricing'.
- Select which pricing tier you would like this property to use
- Keep allowing it to 'Inherit' from the client
- Click 'Configure custom pricing'.
Clicking 'Configure custom pricing' will make a new pricing tier just for that property. If you do select the third option, it will become a new pricing tier back on your system pricing tier page.