The Uptick Importer allows you to import and update information in bulk.
Navigation: Tools > Data Importer
The importer page shows you all the different types of things you can import/update via the 'Import Templates' section. These Import Templates, if downloaded, will give you the required file you need to import and update data.
How to Use - Importing data in bulk
1. Click the Import Template you wish to import data for and download the template.
2. Now simply add rows to that spreadsheet under the given column titles for each item you want to import. For each type of Import Template you want to import, most contain REQUIRED columns to be filled out, for example, for importing properties, you required the client column to be filled out. The required columns needed for each import can be found here.
3. Once all the required and other columns you may wish to populate have been filled out, save the file in a CSV format. Our importer only allows you to import from CSV format.
4. Go to Tools > Data Importer
5. Choose the Import Type
6. Upload file > click 'Start'
7. You'll be taken to a preview screen which makes sure all the information is filled out correctly - contact support if you are having troubles. Once those checks have passed, click 'Finalise'. The following screen will tell you how many items were created or updated.
Things to Note:
- You must keep the exactly columns titles that were given to you in that Import Template.
- You must save the file, once done, into a CSV format.
- Each Import Type has different required columns, for example, when you import assets, the property column is required. To understand all the required columns for each Import Type, click here.
- Delete all the columns you don't want to import and that aren't required.
How to Use - Updating data in bulk
1. Go to your Importer page and download Import Template you need i.e. for me, I'm going to update some properties so I download the 'Properties' Import Template. I'll use this for an example going forward.
2. While keeping that Import Template file open, I now go and find the properties I want to update.
3. I go to the property list (Customer Data > Properties) and download the properties I wish to update in bulk.
4. For that property download, delete all the columns except the ID column, the required columns for that particular import (can be found here) and the column/s you wish to update. The importer knows you are bulk updating instead of import new data purely from that ID column that is left there.
5. Change the data in the columns you wish to update in bulk. For example, I'm going to change some of the access notes on some of these properties, so I'll keep this column and update the data.
6. I now have a spreadsheet with all my properties I want to update and a separate spreadsheet that contains the empty Import Template spreadsheet which has the column titles I need to import. In your property spreadsheet, change the column titles to reflect what your Import Template spreadsheet has. For example, Access Notes column title, now changes to access_notes, Property Ref now changes to property. Note: Capitals and spaces are really important here so make sure you use exactly for the Import template file has.
7. Now you have a spreadsheet that has all the required columns, the id column, the columns I want to update and the correct columns titles needed for the importer. Save that spreadsheet into a CSV format.
8. Go to the Importer page, change the Import Type to 'Properties', upload your spreadsheet and 'Start'.
9. You'll be taken to a preview screen which makes sure all the information is filled out correctly - contact support if you are having troubles. Once those checks have passed, click 'Finalise'. The following screen will tell you how many items were created or updated.