The Actions extension makes use of dynamic forms to setup pre-task and post-task checklists and electronic forms (such as OH&S and risk assessment forms) for your technicians to complete. Checklists can be displayed on your reports with just a simple template change. While electronic forms can be sent in a dispatch to the client or via the App by your technicians.
This will help structure your workflows when visiting properties with site-specific requirements, reduce paperwork onsite and keep all your documents in one place.
1. Once the extension is enabled by us and permissions applied, go to Control Panel > Actions > 'Create Template'.
- Name: Call your Action Template something i.e. Flow Test checklist or JSA Form.
- Order: This is what order this action must be done. Set to zero or a negative number and it will serve as a pre-start action (should be done before the task is started), add a positive number as a post-completion action (should be done before the task is finalised and sent in the field or office).
- Auto-apply to tasks:
- Default: If you check this box, this checklist will attach itself automatically to every created task going forward.
- Conditions: (Quite a technical field!) Add conditions to help slim down the tasks that this Action automatically attaches to. You will need to pick from the valid conditions and know the Uptick ID of that option. Contact Support for help.
2. Click 'Save Group'.
3. Once you click Save, more rows will appear. Each row represents a checklist item that your technicians need to tick off.
Each row has the following to fill out:
- The order (0 is the top of the list of things to check off)
- The question you are asking i.e. Have you filled out this form? Have you done this/that?
- The type of action you want them to perform:
- Checkbox (just a checkbox for your techs to tick i.e. Have you do this?)
- Form (if you're attaching an electronic form to fill out i.e. a JSA or OH&S)
- URL (a url link for your techs to go to. i.e. a page in Uptick or somewhere you want them to go to explain something (Uptick Knowledge Base).
Note: To use the 'Form' option, you need to first have a form built in your system. Go to the bottom of this article for more information.
- Field or Office selector: this allows you to specify whether this action is to be done in the field or in the office.
- Required checkbox:
- If this box is ticked, is a field action and is a pre-start action, the system will stop technicians from touching their task items until it's completed.
- If this box is ticked, is a field action and is a post-completion action, the system will stop technicians from setting the task into any performed statuses (performed, officereview or completed) and stop them from dispatching from the field. until it's completed.
- If this box is ticked and is an office or field action, the system will stop the office from setting the task into the complete status, dispatching or archiving the task until it's completed.
4. Save Group.
Adding actions to your task
You have a few options when adding Actions to your tasks:
1. Auto-apply to task option explained above. Once this is set up, all FUTURE tasks will follow the conditions you've set above.
2. Manual adding to tasks. To add an action to any task manually, simply go to the Work tab of a task and click 'Load Action Template' and select the Action you want to add to this task. I've gone ahead and added a Take 5 form to the below task.
keywords: dynamic forms