The Actions extension makes use of dynamic forms to setup pre-task and post-task checklists and electronic forms (such as OH&S and risk assessment forms) for your technicians to complete. Checklists can be displayed on your reports with just a simple template change. While electronic forms can be sent in a dispatch to the client or via the App by your technicians.
This will help structure your workflows when visiting properties with site-specific requirements, reduce paperwork onsite and keep all your documents in one place.
1. Once the extension is enabled by us and permissions applied, go to Control Panel > Actions > Create Template.
|Name||Call your Action Template something i.e. Flow Test checklist or JSA Form.|
|Order||This is what order this action must be done. Set to zero or a negative number and it will serve as a pre-start action (should be done before the task is started), add a positive number as a post-completion action (should be done before the task is finalised and sent in the field or office).|
|Auto-apply to tasks||
If you check this box, this checklist will attach itself automatically to every created task going forward.
Conditions: (Quite a technical field! Please contact support if you have difficulties setting this up.)
Add conditions to help slim down the tasks that this Action automatically attaches to. You will need to pick from the valid conditions and know the Uptick ID of that option.
Actions can have the following conditions:
2. Click Save Group.
3. Once you click Save, more rows will appear. Each row represents a checklist item that your technicians need to tick off.
Each row has the following to fill out:
|Order||The order in which the action will appear, with 0 being the top of the list.|
The question you are asking.
The type of action to be performed:
Field or Office
This allows you to specify whether this action is to be done in the field or in the office. Field staff can only see Field actions while Office can see both.
Form type actions only
4. Save Group.
Adding actions to your task
You have a few options when adding Actions to your tasks:
1. Auto-apply to task option explained above. Once this is set up, all FUTURE tasks will follow the conditions you've set above.
2. Manual adding to tasks. To add an action to any task manually, simply go to the Work tab of a task and click Load Action Template and select the Action you want to add to this task. I've gone ahead and added a Take 5 form to the below task.
Removing actions from a specific task (Desk only)
If there is a circumstance where a particular required action is not applicable to a specific task, you can delete the action group on the specific task so the Dispatch can still be performed.
- From a task click the Work tab.
- On the upper right hand corner of the Action group, click Delete > Confirm.