The Actions extension allows you to setup pre-task and post-task checklists and electronic forms (such as OH&S and risk assessment forms) for your technicians to complete. Checklists can be displayed on your reports with just a simple template change. While electronic forms can be sent in a dispatch to the client or via the App by your technicians.
This will help structure your workflows when visiting properties with site-specific requirements, reduce paperwork onsite and keep all your documents in one place.
1. Once the extension is enabled by us and permissions applied, go to Control Panel > Actions > 'Create Template'.
- Name: Call your Action Template something i.e. Flow Test checklist or JSA Form.
- Order: This is what orders your actions when you have several actions on the one task, zero being the top of the list.
- Auto-apply to tasks:
- Default: If you check this box, this checklist will attach itself automatically to every created task going forward.
- Conditions: (Quite a technical field!) Add conditions to help slim down the tasks that this Action automatically attaches to. You will need to pick from the valid conditions and know the Uptick ID of that option. Contact Support for help.
2. Click 'Save Group'.
3. Once you click Save, more rows will appear. Each row represents a checklist item that your technicians need to tick off.
Each row has the following to fill out, going left to right -
- The order (0 is the top of the list of things to check off)
- The question you are asking i.e. Have you filled out this form? Have you done this/that?
- The type of action you want them to perform:
- Checkbox (just a checkbox for your techs to tick i.e. Have you do this?)
- Form (if you're attaching an electronic form to fill out i.e. a JSA or OH&S)
- URL (a url link for your techs to go to. i.e. a page in Uptick or somewhere you want them to go to explain something (Uptick Knowledge Base).
Note: To use the 'Form' option, you need to first have a form built in your system. Go to the bottom of this article for more information.
- Required checkbox: if this box is ticked, the system will stop technicians from touching their assets until it's checked off or completed.
4. Save Group.
Adding actions to your task
You have a few options when adding Actions to your tasks:
1. Auto-apply to task option explained above. Once this is set up, all FUTURE tasks will follow the conditions you've set above.
2. Manual adding to tasks. To add an action to any task manually, simply go to the Work tab of a task and click 'Load Action Template' and select the Action you want to add to this task. I've gone ahead and added a JSA form in the below task.