Our Custom Field module allows you to create more fields on your assets, properties, tasks, clients and more. This allows our customers to customise their Uptick system to help add more information to reports or just add specific fields that Uptick doesn't offer, yet is a strong part of your companies processes.
A good example would be to add a new field to your assets for Fire Rating or Hinge Types.
Once the extension is enabled by us and permissions applied, go to Control Panel > Custom Fields.
From here, you can create new fields or modify the configuration of existing custom fields you've added.
Adding a custom field
1. Click 'Add Custom Field'
2. Fill out the fields:
i) Label: The name of the field
ii) Key: The name of the field with all capital letters and spaces removed (this is the name of the field that Uptick uses to add to reports)
iii) Object Type: This is the area of Uptick you would like the field to sit, for example, if I want to add a new field to my properties in Uptick, I want select 'Property' here.
- Property (can be viewed/edited on mobile app)
- Assets (can be viewed/edited on mobile app)
- Tasks (can be viewed/edited on mobile app)
- Asset types
- Defect Quote
- Service Quote
- Purchase Order
- User (on a users profile)
iv) Widget: This is the type of field you want, such as a text field or a drop down etc
- A text field
- A number field
- A choice field (drop down options that can be selected)
- A date field
v) Order: The order in which you display your custom fields if there are many, 1 being the top of the list.
vi) Required: Would you like to make your staff fill this field out before continuing.
4. If you've picked a Choice field, you need to now add the drop down options for your Choice field. This is a requirement for this field otherwise you won't have anything to select from when your office or field staff use this field! Once your field is saved, click 'Edit' on the field again and you'll see an 'Options' section. All you need to do here is type in the 'Label' field your first dropdown option and click 'Add Option' once done, repeat for multiple options. It's important to note that you should not touch the 'Value' field of these choices.
Adding help text
'Edit' any created Custom Field and add help text to the field.
Make the field office staff only
'Edit' any created Custom Field and deselect the 'Field' option. This will remove the field from the view of any staff accounts that have a License Type of Field.
Make the field only show up for certain asset types and variants
You may require a large number of fields that are only applicable in certain asset types or variants. For example, the FRL field should only show if the Asset is of type "Door".
'Edit' the field you are wanting to add this to, and click "Add Condition". You are given two areas you need to fill out, a "key" and a "value". Add the word 'type' (no capitals) into the Key field to specify a certain Asset Type or 'variant' for Variant, and add the asset type or variant ID/s, separated by a comma (with no spaces) into the Value field.
This is important - ensure the condition ID's are all in 1 line, not seperate entries.
The variant id can be found in the URL when you view any variant on the asset type.
Uptick doesn't offer any other type of condition other than the above.
An Example to get you started
You're on the Custom fields configuration page and you're adding a few new fields - one new field on your properties to help determine whether this property has a Fire Engineering Report and another new field on your assets for Fire Resistance Level of that asset.
Label: Fire Engineering Report
Object type: property
Widget: Choice (which I later add 'yes' and 'no' to the drop down options)
Object type: asset